We are so excited that you will be joining Believe In Tomorrow at the beach this summer. Below you will see a list of activities that are available to you during your trip. To help you get your week started right, we ask that one adult from your family join us for our Monday Morning Meet and Greet at 10:00am on Deck of The House by the Sea. Later on Monday we invite your entire family to join us for a Cookout provided by Believe In Tomorrow. Please call Wayne at 410-723-2842 or Katie at 410-744-1032 with questions. Some families want to come and just relax and not have a schedule and others are excited to participate in anything and everything they can. This is your trip so you can design it in a way that works best for your family. Final activities will be scheduled at the Monday meeting.
A few guidelines for you:
- We ask that everyone in your family attend the Cookout on Monday evening at 5:00pm. Our amazing volunteers will serve you a delicious dinner while you relax and enjoy meeting other Believe In Tomorrow families. We have found that the kids really enjoy meeting one another and the food is yummy!
- Please don’t just check every activity. It is important that you watch the video, read through the descriptions carefully and then choose the ones that interest you and that you can realistically get to. Please note the times and locations of each activity before choosing it. Once you choose an activity and are scheduled, it is VERY IMPORTANT TO SHOW UP AND BE ON TIME. All of these activities are generously donated by local businesses who make time in their busy summer schedules to accommodate our families. If you have to cancel a scheduled activity please contact the donor directly or notify Believe In Tomorrow staff.
- Activities are donated for immediate family members who are listed on the respite forms only.
- Believe In Tomorrow reserves the right make adjustments as necessary.
Monday Meet and Greet 10:00am (Required)
To help you get your week started right, we ask that one adult from your family join us for our Monday Morning Meet and Greet at 10:00am in the office of The House by the Sea.
Family Cookout – Monday 5:00pm
Believe In Tomorrow invites your family to a delicious cookout held on the deck of The House By The Sea on 66th Street. Our meals feature local seafood, chicken and yummy sides made fresh by our dedicated local volunteers. Along with this wonderful meal you will also have the opportunity to meet the other families and potentially form supportive friendships that will blossom throughout the week. Cookout begins at 5:00pm. *Please notify staff of allergies and dietary restrictions in advance.
Hooper’s Crab House – Tuesday 4:00pm
This casual Bayfront restaurant invites all our families to enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet that includes Maryland-style steamed crabs, a local favorite, and many other family-friendly items. Hooperscrabhouse.com/menu/
Magic Show – Monday through Friday 7:00pm
Starting in mid June, Enjoy a truly spectacular magic show at the Holiday Inn located right next to the House By The Sea. This activity is HIGHLY recommended by Believe In Tomorrow staff. Come watch and be amazed! Seating is first come, first seated. Doors open at 6:00pm.
Intro to Horseback Riding – Wednesday 10:00am – 11:00am
– Learn how to groom (brush) a horse and the basics of riding (mounting/dismounting, walk/halt, and steering), and learn horse safety and fun facts about horses. Children who ride and anyone attending must wear closed toed shoes. Riding boots are available on site for the riders for safety purposes. Helmets are required and will be provided by Bay Point. Parents of younger children are encouraged to walk next to their child during the riding portion. Parents must sign a liability waiver for all participants. The barn and arena are both indoors, and there is a climate controlled viewing room and bathrooms.
Bay Point Equestrian Center
11134 St. Martin’s Parkway
Berlin, MD 21811
Coast Guard Rides/Tour – Wednesday 2:00pm
Take your turn piloting this 47-foot Ocean City Coast Guard Station Life Boat! Navigate your family into the Atlantic Ocean and along the coast of Ocean City. Space is limited to no more than 12 people on the boat at one time. Located at 610 South Philadelphia Avenue. 410-289-1905 Parking will be in the Coast Guard Lot. To read frequently asked questions about the coast guard rides,click here.
Kite Flying on the Beach – Thursday 6:00pm
Courtesy of generous and enthusiastic volunteers, your family can learn tricks of the trade and hone their kite flying skills. 66th Street. (Kites are provided by the volunteers)
Beach Portraits – Thursday 6:00pm
Talented local photographers offer beachfront family portraits each Thursday evening. 66th Street beach.Portraits are 15 minutes per family. Be sure to select Kite flying and hone in your kite flying skills while you wait.
On the Air at Seacrets Radio – Thursday 8:30am
Has your little chatterbox always wanted to be on the radio? Radio DJ “Bulldog” will gladly share the spotlight with your little star in the making. This activity is recommended for kids 8 years old or older who have an outgoing personality and are excited to talk on the radio. You will receive a digital copy of the broadcast to take home. Located at 49th Street on the Bay.
Crafts – Wednesdays 4:00pm
Believe In Tomorrow volunteers guide your family through a fun filled crafting experience. Deck of The House By The Sea.
We have a few opportunities for you to indulge in a little luxury and get a manicure courtesy of the Bliss Salon and Spa or the Blushing Beauty Boutique.
Believe In Tomorrow children are first priority.
Surf Lessons – Friday 9:00am
This life changing activity is appropriate for every child in our program! Your family will be taught to surf by the amazing and talented staff of Malibu’s Surf Shop, located at 8th Street and the boardwalk. Contact Lee Gerachis, 410-289-3000, at 7:30am and he will tell you where to meet him. www.malibus.com
Jolly Roger Amusement Park – Available Daily
This great amusement park generously donates a day at their park to our Believe In Tomorrow families. Take advantage of the waterpark from 10am-6pm and the rides from 2-6pm. Also included is1 round of mini golf. (Go Karts are excluded). Upon arrival, report to guest services to receive your wristbands, provide your name and that you are with Believe In Tomorrow. PLEASE make sure you keep your wristband on all day in case you leave and want to come back. Park is located at 30th Street. For immediate family members only, mom, dad, and children. **Note: Saturday can be a good day for this activity because most units in Ocean City check in and out on that day and therefore the park tends to be less crowded.
Bay Bee Flounder Fishing
Enjoy some amazing flounder fishing on board the Bay Bee any day from 8am-12pm or 1-5pm. This is a charter boat that stays out for the whole 4 hours. Located at the Ocean City Fishing Center at 12940 Inlet Isle Lane.
Fishing and Sightseeing – Thursday 10:00am
Volunteers from The Ocean Pines Anglers and the MSSA/ACC provide fishing and/or sightseeing on the coastal waters of Ocean City. Please indicate whether you prefer fishing or sightseeing, be aware that fishing is only available after mid-June. The trips are scheduled on Thursdays and will depart from the Ocean Pines Yacht Club at 10:00am. They will provide the fishing gear, bait and life vests. The length of the trips will be decided by the captain and parents that day. The average trip is one to two hours, but there are trips that end more quickly due to unanticipated circumstances. The anglers are very safety conscious and will cancel if there is a threat of a thunderstorm. Please make sure to arrive on time.
Frontier Town Water and Theme Parks – Daily Pass
This newly updated western themed amusement park and waterpark even has mini golf! We hope you pick a day to enjoy one or all three adventures! Frontier town is located beside Assateague beach.
Ocean Lanes Bowling
Each family will be given a gift certificate for Bowling.Families can enjoy 2 free games of bowling with free shoe rental included. Available daily, check with Believe In Tomorrow office for exact times. Oceanlanesocmd.com/
Embers Mini Golf
Each family will be given a gift certificate for Embers Mini Golf .Travel to a world of pirates and volcanoes just off Coastal Highway while playing two of the most innovative and challenging miniature golf courses in Ocean City. Pirate ships, caves and “water hazards” are just some of the obstacles you’ll encounter on this golfing adventure.
Embers Island Mini Golf
2305 Philadelphia avenue
Handicap accessible course /walls are lowered on walking path.
Each family will be given a gift certificate for Bike Rentals.Enjoy an easy ride along the boardwalk courtesy of Jo’s Bikes at 2nd Street & the Boardwalk, contact 410-524-4995, and B and F Bikes at 1409 Atlantic Avenue, contact is Shane at 410-289-1588. http://www.bandfbikes.com/ Please call 24 hours in advance.
Each family will be given a gift certificate for Boardwalk Segways.An exciting and unique way to see the sights along the boardwalk. The knowledgeable staff from Boardwalk Segways will give you a training session and then send you off to explore on your own. This activity is based on availability. Contact the owner Jim at 410-289-1203. Boardwalksegways.com * Must be at least 12 years old.
Each family will be given a gift certificate for Planet Maze.This fun location has a lot to offer to our Believe In Tomorrow families. Children ages 2-10 can experience the climbing maze (socks required). And for kids 8 years old and older Lasertron is a fun activity as long as they are over 48 inches tall (shoes required). Can be used any day of the week. Planet maze gives an all-day wristband so the family can come and go all day.Planetmaze.com
Your family will be given the opportunity to personally decorate special fabric squares during your week at the beach. Your unique squares will be sewn together by our talented volunteer to make a beautiful quilt that is sure to be cherished for many years. Please look at our sample quilt that is available in the office to get inspired.
All Believe In Tomorrow families are given the privilege of using the following facilities:
- Indoor and outdoor pools at the Holiday Inn at 6600 Coastal Highway (across from THBTS). 410-524-1600.
- Indoor and outdoor pools at the Residence Inn. 300 Seabay Lane, Ocean City, MD 21842. 410723-2222.
- You can also use the Indoor and outdoor pool at the Comfort Inn located at 507 Atlantic Avenue just off of the boardwalk. 410-289-5155
- World Gym at 67th street Bayside 410-524-1900. Call for class schedules.
- Free shows on Saturday at The Freeman Stage at Bayside Community at 31556 Winterberry Parkway Selbyville Delaware 19975 www.freemanwww.org.
Must check in with BIT pass (which is hanging in your unit) at the front desk of each establishment.
In the form below, check the activities your family would like to schedule