An integral part of Believe In Tomorrow’s housing programs is receiving accurate, up-to-date medical information for each patient, which allows us to make the best decisions possible for each and every family. Please review the following information carefully to best aid our families during their Believe In Tomorrow journey!
Hospital Housing Referrals
Families may not self-refer for hospital housing. A healthcare professional should fill out an online referral on behalf of a patient and their family. Please be sure to fill out the referral form completely, including all starred (required) fields. Families will be asked for a suggested donation of $20 per night for housing. Please make any notes regarding financial concerns, language barriers, or other special needs.
Before submitting a referral please ensure that the following criteria are met:
- Patient is 17 years old or younger
- Patients ages 18-21, if being treated by a pediatric doctor, will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Family resides at least 25 miles from The Johns Hopkins Children’s Center. (Mileage exceptions will be made for shock trauma, oncology, and transplant patients)
- If parents are under the age of 21, a guardian will need to stay with them in order to be eligible for housing
- Cleared criminal background check for each prospective resident 18 years or older
- For international families without a social security number, a valid passport/VISA is required (expired passports are not considered valid)
We strive to create a healing and safe environment for our residents and in order to meet the needs of our families while maintaining a safe haven for the children, patients, and members of their family. All persons age 18 and older will be required to complete a criminal background check every 2 years, as a basis for receiving accommodations at our facility. Click here to read our background check FAQs.
To refer a family, please complete the online form below using the password provided to you by the Believe In Tomorrow Director of Family Services. If you require log-in credentials, please contact our Director of Family Services at 410-614-2560.