Welcome to The Believe In Tomorrow Children’s House at Johns Hopkins!
We hope your stay is comfortable and we can make this difficult time a little easier.
Believe In Tomorrow Children’s Foundation is in the process of building a brand-new, state-of-the-art Children’s House at Johns Hopkins! During construction, we are proud to partner with the Residence Inn to offer our families a home away from home. Although the rooms are located at The Residence Inn, all families are guests of The Children’s House at Johns Hopkins and our staff will exclusively handle ALL aspects of scheduling your stay, including schedule changes, extension requests and early departures.
Information for Your Stay
- 1 King Bed and a sofa that pulls out to a Queen bed. Max 6 people per room.
- Rollaways and Pack-n plays are available upon request.
- Private bathroom
- A kitchenette (full size fridge/freezer, stovetop, microwave and dishes/utensils/pots/pans)
- Free Coffee/Tea
- Housekeeping Services every 3 days for longer term stays. Towels can be requested as needed.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in: 4:00pm
- Check-out: 12:00pm
- Minimum age to check-in is 21
- If you have a late appointment or flight, you are welcome to store your belongings at the front desk until departure.
- Complimentary Full American and Hot Breakfast daily.
- Monday-Friday 6:30am-9:00am
- Saturday-Sunday 6:30am-9:30am
- Fitness Center: located on the 3rd floor and open 24 hrs/day
- Laundry Room: located on the 7th floor (coins only: 7am-11pm $1.50/wash $1.50/dry)
- Business Center: open 24 hrs/day in hotel lobby
- Rooftop Restaurant open for lunch daily.
- Lobby Bar and Lounge has dinner fare and is open daily in the evenings.
- Ice Machine: located on the 7th floor.
- Water Stations: located on the 1st and 3rd floors near elevator
This is an exclusive offer just for Children’s House families! You are permitted 1 free parking space for each family. Additional cars will be charged $42/day.
The hotel offers valet service only but it includes unlimited in/out service that is available 24 hours a day. Gratuities for the valet service is included, tipping is not necessary.
Additional Parking Option: There is a paid parking garage located at the hospital and the fee is $15/day.
Children’s House Lounge
During your stay, we hope you’ll take advantage and visit The Children’s House Lounge! We are proud to offer a common room that all Children’s House guests will have access to during their stay. This room will have video gaming systems, a free food pantry, supplies, toys and a dining area for family suppers as we will continue our volunteer-based supper program several nights a week. We may also schedule dog therapy, arts and crafts and special events. A calendar of events will be posted each week.
Children’s House families will receive a full room cleaning every 7th day. A refresh of the room including removal of trash and towels occurs every 3rd day. Any requests or needs (such as fresh towels, extra pillows, fresh linen, etc.) may be placed with the front desk for immediate assistance at any time.
The hotel is only 2 blocks away from the hospital, but there is a shuttle available by request. The Johns Hopkins shuttle must be requested by calling (410) 502-6880 at least 45 minutes prior to pickup time listed below. This schedule is also available in print form for guests at the front desk, as well.
6:00 AM | 8:00 AM | 10:00 AM | 2:00 PM | 4:00 PM | 6:00 PM | 8:00 PM | 10:00 PM
If you would feel more comfortable to have a security escort walk you to/from the hotel and hospital, simply call: 410-955-5585 to request a security escort at any time. When you call, please identify yourself and mention that you are with The Children’s House at the Residence Inn.
Explore the City
The Children’s House offers complimentary adventure passes for families to enjoy exploring the city! Tell a staff member where you’d like to visit and we will get you the complimentary passes.
This includes the following (all tickets are based on availability):
-The Maryland Science Center
-Ravens and Orioles games. (seasonal)
Let us take care of supper for you! The Children’s House is proud to offer volunteer-hosted suppers several times a week. Currently, our suppers will be offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Occasionaly, we will also offer suppers on weekends. We will email families the supper schedule each week and will include menus when available. Supper will be served in The Children’s House Lounge at 6pm on the days mentioned and is exclusively offered to Children’s House families.
We hope you have a comfortable stay! Our staff is always available for questions or concerns.
With warmest thanks,
The Children’s House Staff